11.11.16

Guthrie and Ghani workshop


Another early start for last Sunday's workshop at Guthrie and Ghani, in Birmingham. Thankfully fairly 'local' and only a train ride away. The Christmas tree workshop is one that I always pack copious amounts of wool for, as  you never know what colours people are going to choose, though it is often green and red.


I also bring a large amount of  'treasure', as trees are usually decorated.


The workshop space at Guthrie and Ghani is simply gorgeous; lots of room, oodles of light and plenty of tables. Oh, and copious bunting with a beautiful chandelier.


I had the pleasure not only of meeting new people and a fabulous returning work-shopper, but also of finally hooking up with lovely Heather Ellis, who is an illustrator  I have known since the late 1990s, when we were both members of an illustration forum. Before the days of Facebook, IG and all the other social sites. After all these years, we got to say hello face to face and hug and it was one of the highlights of the day for me.



It was another great session, and the 'treasure' was eagerly rummaged through.





Unfortunately, at the end of the day I had to rush off for a scheduled train, so I didn't have time to take my usual photos of the end results, which were lovely and varied. Many thanks to the kind 'elves' who packed my wool bag, with all the colours neatly sorted - a huge help and very much appreciated. And big thanks to my friend Heather, who picked me up when I almost fell down the stairs in a rush, paid my bus fare to town (as the bus only took exact change) and then walked with me to point me in the right direction of the train station. A guardian angel indeed, as I was so tired by then I could barely walk straight.


My final workshop of the year is back at the Village Haberdashery in West Kensington, London, making Christmas trees again. You can expect a lot of wool and beads. Booking can be done via their website here. This is a much smaller workshop, with limited places but I hope it will be as much fun as this one. I also have a venue and rough date for a local Shrewsbury workshop, at the start of March 2017. if you'd like a little more information about this before I make it more public, do drop me an email.
 

5 comments:

Frances said...

The location of this Christmas tree workshop looks ideal for such a pleasant and productive get together! I imagine that your pupils will now be making many more trees to perfect their newly acquired skills. What fun!

xo

Mac n' Janet said...

The trees are so sweet.

Acornmoon said...

Well done Gretel, I am sure you ran an inspirational workshop. X

Soozcat said...

I'm so glad you take the time to blog about these workshops. They're fascinating to see and read about, and the end results are all so varied but beautiful. Thank you.

Granny Sue said...

Love those trees! Next trip across, I'll have to plan it to catch a workshop.